Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bike Helmets?!?



Decades ago I was thrilled to be a nine-year old owner of a used Columbia bicycle.  I rode that thing up and down the hills of Derby and Ansonia.  It  was driven on Rt34,  Main Street and all streets in between.  I drove it to Seymour, Orange and Woodbridge.  It was used in places were no roads existed.  I never wore a helmet.  Nobody wore helmets back then.

If you fell and got hurt, you either learned how to handle certain situations or resigned yourself to the fact that you were a klutz.

I’m not against being safe, but am I wrong in believing we as a nation are being sissified when we wear helmets on paved walkways like our Greenway were no cars or other vehicles are allowed?  


2 comments:

  1. Regulations are for your safety... the government wants you safe, so that you can pay taxes as long as you live... Ain't that right Tony :)

    ReplyDelete